creamy beef and black bean burrito filling

So I know this isn't a very holiday-esque dish, but I made this for dinner on Christmas Eve. It was just going to be Tom and I, and since the special Christmassy food was coming the next day, I wanted to make something different.

For this I used:

1 tomato, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 can black beans
< 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon beef base
3 Tbsp cream cheese
taco seasoning & cayenne pepper, to taste

Heat a little bit of oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add all of your veggies and cover, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have begun to soften and have released their juices.

Stir in your beef base (I used just under a tablespoon).

Stir in your cream cheese until well combined. Season as you wish, with taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper or chili powder.

Serve hot wrapped in a tortilla and/or over rice!

We had ours without rice, in tortillas. They were a satisfying break from the usual holiday fare.

Of course, not to let you down, I will be posting what holiday fare I did make shortly! :)

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!
-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment