maple clementine hot toddy

 Mmm.. a maple clementine hot toddy. Sounds good right? All organge-y and maple-y.
Too bad I forgot to post this one three weeks ago...

and have since forgot the recipe...

I should really write these things down.

I would just try making it again, but now I'm not supposed to drink alcohol. I think I can guess at what I did, though.
What you need:
1 clementine + 1 for garnish
1 bag/tea ball of your choice of tea (I used loose chamomile and it was perfect!)
1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (to taste)
7 oz of boiling water
1-2 oz of bourbon (or more, to taste)

Bring to boil 8 oz of water in a sauce pan with the juice of one clementine and the maple syrup. Turn off the heat and throw in your tea bag or strainer. Let steep for slightly less than typical. Remove tea bag/ball/strainer and add your spirits.

Slice a second clementine and add the slices to your cup as a garnish.

All of the ingredients can be adjusted to suit your taste. If you like, you could leave out everything but the bourbon! But, that won't be a maple clementine hot toddy. It'll just be bourbon.

Now that I've written it all down, I'm confident that that is exactly how I made this. Hooray for memory!

Peace!
-A



No comments:

Post a Comment