spaghetti and veggie sauce

Every Sunday I try to make a big meal that will last for my lunches through most of the week. But sometimes I don't have time or the motivation to cook. Sunday are for relaxing, after all. 

A couple Sundays ago I was short on motivation so I decided to use whatever I had lying around which resulted in this yummy veggie sauce! It made A LOT. So I had plenty for lunch all week.
I had mine over whole wheat linguine, but any pasta would do, or you could incorporate it into any dish that requires a tomato sauce base.
This recipe is very versatile, but for mine, I used:

1 large carrot, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 of a large onion, chopped
6 small tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, to taste
salt, pepper & Italian seasoning, to taste
water

Place all of your ingredients into a blender and pour in enough water to almost cover your veggies. Blend until you achieve a sauce-like texture.

Pour the mixture into a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Allow sauce to simmer, covered, on low for 20-60 minutes (depending on how big of a rush you're in). This is just to allow the flavors to meld.

Serve hot over pasta.

Enjoy!
-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment