my dream library

all above photos found here
I love books. A lot. It's not even just for a love of reading that I love books. I do love to read, though I don't do it as much as I'd like to/should, but there's just something about a book that I find really satisfying. I'm not sure I can really explain it. A book is a whole world contained on paper between two covers. There is something to be said for the permanence of books.

I think also, I am a very tactile person. I have a Kindle that was gifted to me last year at Christmas, and I do love it, it's really handy on the train, but it'll never replace books for me.

Recently I had to throw away nearly all of my books (a story for another time) and it was one of the more heart-wrenching things I've had to do. I've had breakups that were easier than shoving my beloved books into a trash bag.

I will, without a doubt, build up my collection once again. I still have many books safe and sound at my parents house.

As sure as my future home will have a wood stove, it will also have shelves upon shelves of books. It will be a library of sorts. A cozy, warm sunny library and hopefully by then I'll have found a way to make a living sitting at home with a cup of tea and a book.

What special features would your dream home have? Post your thoughts in the comments!

Peace & love,
-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment