vegan chocolate tea cup cake

I don't think I'm alone when I say this: I love cake. Chocolate cake in particular, but any cake, really, will do just fine. 

But there's something sinful about making a whole cake for no reason, isn't there? It makes me feel guilty. Probably because I know that if I make a whole cake, I am going to eat a whole cake
Tea cup cake to the rescue!
Because making a batch of cupcakes is just as bad as making a cake. Just because it's already divided up into individual servings does not mean you're not going to eat each one, individually.
Solution: Make one serving at a time!

Or make two, for a quick, romantic dessert!
You will need a microwave safe tea cup (or mug) and:

1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Dutch process cocoa powder
3 Tbsp flour (I use whole wheat)
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
3 Tbsp almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)

In your cup, mix together your cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, thoroughly.

Add your oil, milk, and vanilla and mix very well, being sure all of the flour mixture gets incorporated. It may seem a little thicker than standard cake mix. That's ok.

Mix in your chocolate chips and place in microwave for 1 minute on high.

I like the addition of chocolate chips because it makes it a little more moist. You could also microwave it for less time. 45 seconds results in a fudgier cake.

If you don't have cocoa powder, you can simply omit for a plain cake. I wouldn't recommend omitting the chocolate chips and the cocoa powder, but you could sub them with blueberries or other fruit, probably. I haven't tried that, but the plain cake tastes a lot like a muffin.

Enjoy!
-A.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! And even better that it can be done in the microwave.
    And I love the styling of your photos, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but it's kind of a dangerous thing to know, too, isn't it? So easy to make cake now!

      Thanks Lisa :)

      -Aims

      Delete